On 12/12/2020, PPSC has announced the Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Jobs in Patiala for any Bachelors Degree and all the eligible candidates are requested to apply online for 75 Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Posts Vacancies at ppsc.gov.in. Applications are inviting for vacancies of PPSC Jobs and Candidates can apply for these vacancies before the last date. Candidates can get all the PPSC Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Jobs in Patiala details of Age Limit, Vacancy, Salary, Educational Qualification and How to apply details are as given below.
Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination
No of Posts
Last Date to Apply
Punjab Govt Jobs
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has been established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India, with the basic purpose of recruiting officials in various departments of the Government as per the requisitions sent by the Government in this regard from time to time.
1. Name of the Post: Punjab State Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination
a) Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
b) Deputy Superintendent of Police
d) Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer
e) Block Development & Panchayat Officer
f) Assistant Registrar Co-Operative Societies
g) Labour and Conciliation Officer
h) Employment Generation and Training Officer
i) Deputy Superintendent Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II)
2. No of Post: 75
3. Educational Qualifications:
a) The candidate should possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution; Provided that the candidate may be permitted to take preliminary examination while studying for the qualifying degree. However, the candidate shall be required to produce proof of qualifying the degree course for being eligible to take the Main Competitive Examination.
b) No candidate shall be eligible for appearing in the Preliminary Competitive Examination, unless he/she has passed the Matriculation Examination with Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects or any other equivalent examination in Punjabi language, which may be specified by the Government from time to time.
c) For the purpose of eligibility for PSCSCCE-2020, the expression "recognised university" or "institution" shall have the same meaning, as assigned to it in the Punjab Civil Services (General and Common Conditions of Service) Rules, 1994.
Age: The candidate should have attained the age of 21 years but should not be older than 37 years on 1st January 2020.
Application Fee: Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab: 1125/-; Ex-Servicemen of Punjab: 500/-; All Others Categories: 3000/-; Physically Handicapped, Punjab: 1750/-
1. All papers shall be descriptive in nature and the duration of each paper will be three hours. Visually impaired candidates will, however, be allowed an extra time of sixty minutes in each paper.
2. The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
3. Candidates will have the option to attempt all the papers, except the language papers in Punjabi or English medium.
4. Candidates exercising the option to answer Papers in the Punjabi language may, if they so desire, give the English version within brackets of only the description of the technical terms, if any, in addition to the version in the Punjabi language.
5. The question papers other than language papers will be set in English. However, when any candidate opts for attempting any paper(s) in Punjabi medium, the question papers shall be printed in Punjabi accordingly.
6. Details of syllabi are indicated in (Attached)
7. Interview shall be conducted for only those candidates who qualify on the basis of their performance in the main competitive examination and who fulfil the criteria of eligibility.
8. No candidate shall be eligible to appear in the interview unless he/she obtains 45% marks in the aggregate of all the papers (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) including at least 25% marks in each paper provided that if in any main competitive examination, a sufficient number of candidates do not obtain 45% marks in the aggregate (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes), the Commission may at their discretion lower this percentage to not below 40% (read 35 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes), however, the minimum percentage for each paper shall remain unchanged.
9. No candidate shall be considered to have qualified for the competitive examination unless he obtains at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the main examination including interview marks (read 40 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) except in the case of any main competitive examination for which this percentage has been lowered to not less than 40% (read 35 % for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) by the Commission in which case the qualifying percentage shall be as determined by the Commission
10. From amongst the candidates who have appeared for the Main written examination, candidates not more than three times the number of vacancies advertised in each category shall be called for the interview, provided that, such number of candidates are available and, are otherwise eligible for the Interview.
11. Names of qualified candidates shall be arranged in order of merit according to the aggregate marks obtained in the main written examination and the interview.
Punjab Public Service Commission Baradari Garden, Patiala- 147001
i) Preliminary Competitive Examination; and
ii) Main Competitive Examination (written and Interview).
How to Apply
1. The candidates who had already applied for the PCS & allied services posts as per the earlier PPSC Advertisement No. 8 published dated 05/06/2020 should not apply again. Their applications already registered with the PPSC stand valid for their Candidature for this advertisement subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions as per this new advertisement.
2. The candidates can only apply by Filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Punjab Public Service Commission www.ppsc.gov.in . Further, the candidates are not required to send the Hard Copy of the Online Application Form to the office of Punjab Public Service Commission.
3. Candidates who had applied for the posts as per PPSC advertisement No. 8 published on 05/06/2020 and who now wish to withdraw their candidature due to changes in rules may so by 30/12/2020. The procedure and the link for withdrawal will be uploaded shortly on PPSC website.
4. Last date for Filling Online Applications Form : 30/12/2020