CAT 2020 Admit Card (on 28 Oct) - Check Updates Here!
CAT admit card 2020 will be accessible for download on the official website w.e.f October 28 to November 29. It means that the download will be available on the CAT exam day also. Candidates may be able to download their individual admit cards by using their CAT login ID at the link provided for by the official website for the purpose. CAT Admit card is a compulsory document to be carried to the exam centre. In case any of the aspirants fail to carry the CAT 2020 admit card
at the exam centre then it will lead to disqualification from taking CAT exam. Therefore, the aspirants must download their admit cards before the CAT exam day.
This year, the CAT exam will be held with the protocols under COVID-19 outbreak guidelines being issued by the Government of India. IIM Indore, the CAT 2020 convening institute, is anticipated to release the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and strategy to be followed by the candidates at all the CAT exam centers.
CAT admit card will be accessible for the successful download on the official website only. In order to download the CAT 2020 admit card, the aspirants need to follow the steps given below:
- To visit the official CAT 2020 website :
- Then Click on 'Login'
- Now Enter registration ID and password
- It will open the admit card window
- Now click on download and save a copy of ADMIT CARD on desktop
- Further one can take a print out one’s CAT 2020 admit card
The CAT 2020 admit card will comprise of the following details:
- Candidate's name
- Caste category
- Date of birth
- Registration number
- Date and time of the exam
- CAT exam centre
- Google map link to locate exam centre
- Emergency contact number
- Test system number to identify your examination room
- Exam related instructions
Probable barriers in Downloading CAT Admit Card
Candidates might face some problems while downloading ADMIT CARD 2020. Let me showcase three problems which are generally experienced while downloading it.
|Technical issue on the official website
||The CAT 2020 website might face technical glitch due to heavy traffic or any other cause. In such a case, do not incessantly try to log in. Log out and visit the website after a short time to download your admit card.
|Slow internet connection
||Check the speed of your internet connection. If it is slow, toggle to a faster internet connection to download your CAT admit card.
|Wrong password or login in credentials
||In case you forget your login credentials, click on the ‘forgot password’ option given on the official website and follow the instructions to change your password/credentials. Use new password to download your 2020 admit card.
What errors need to be checked on CAT Admit Card 2020
The moment you download your CAT ADMIT CARD then there is a dire need to check the necessary information. There are some significant facts to be checked that are listed below:
How to make corrections in case there are Errors in CAT Admit Card 2020?
- The name of the candidate should not be misspelt
- CAT registration number must be the same as the registered user ID
- Date of birth should be the same as mentioned on the application form and in official documents.
- Birth category status should be correct
- PWD/ DA status should be correct
- Test city must be from one of the four options mentioned in the application form
- Candidate's photograph and signature must be clearly visible
In case, any aspirant finds error on their admit card, he or she should immediately contact the exam authority to get it right. Given below are the contact details: CAT helpline desk at 1-800-209-0830 (Toll-Free),Email at email@example.com
- The candidatemust carry two copies of CAT 2020 admit card and a photo ID proof (original and photocopy)
- Candidates with CAT 2020 admit card & photo ID card will be permissible inside the exam hall
- Candidates are given writing pad and pen for rough work. The rough writing pad has to be returned after the test. The candidates need to write their name and registration number on the writing pad
- The candidates should reach the CAT exam centre before reporting time to complete recognition process. Candidates must report at 7:30 AM. for the morning session, at 11 AM for the afternoon session and at and at 1:00 PM for evening session.
- Use the Reference Number written on the admit card to identify the door/wing/lab at the examination Venue on the day of the examination
- The candidates are not required to sign their CAT admit card before. The admit card is to be signed only within the exam hall in front of the invigilator
- The candidates shouldattach their photo same as the one uploaded with the application form
- Mobile phone, calculator, IPad or any other gadget is banned inside the examination hall
- The candidates are not allowed to carry bags or luggage to the CAT 2020 exam centre as you could not find any prerequisite to keep it secure
- Things like jewellery that contains metal, clothes with pockets, jackets and footwear are not allowed inside the exam hall
- Applicant with a metal implant, pacemaker, etc. in their body need to bring medical certificate of the same.
Necessary documents to carry along with CAT 2020 Admit Card
The candidates must carry an ID proof issued by the Government of India or previous college/university along with the CAT 2020 admit card to the examination hall. Here is the list of documents required to be carried as ID proof by the candidates.
Q: If a candidate forgets to carry the CAT admit card to the exam center, can the digital copy suffice the purpose?
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- College/University ID
- Driver's license
A: No, digital copy of admit card will not work one has to carry the original printout of CAT admit card is regarded as the customary as proof at the exam centre.
Q: How to download CAT admit card in case one forgets the CAT 2020 login password?
A: In case one forgets the login password, it can be created by clicking the Forgot User ID/Password button on the Registered Candidate login window. The link to reset your password will be provided at your registered email address.
Q: What is Test System Number on the CAT admit card?
A: The Test System Number refers on the admit card assist a candidate to identify the floor and computer system at the examination centre.
Q: Is it possible to change my CAT exam centre after the admit card has been issued?
A: No, the CAT EXAM CENTRE cannot be changed once they issue an admit card. The authorities will not entertain any such request for change of test centre.
Q: Does examination authorities send a hard copy of the CAT admit card?
A: No, the candidates will be given a soft copy of the CAT admit card. It will be available in online mode only to be downloaded from the official website.
Q: Does the CAT admit card hold Google map link of the exam centre?
A: Yes, every candidate's admit card have Google map link of their exam centre. This helps the candidates to locate their exam centers easily.
Q: How to deal in case there is an error on my CAT admit card?
A: If there is an error on the CAT admit card, reach out the helpdesk of CAT 2020 and get it corrected before the exam day.