CAT answers key 2020 and the question paper and objection form will be declared two-three days after the exam. The window to register the objections of the test takers to official response sheet will be available after a week for candidates to raise objection (if any) to the official answers. The fees charged to register any objection for the CAT answer key is Rs 1000 per question.
CAT result 2020 will be declared in the first week of January 2021. The final CAT 2020 answer key will be released along with the result.
CAT 2020 aspirants can get their CAT answer keys to know their performance and predict final scores by means of their CAT login ID and password. There are some steps to be followed to download CAT answer key 2020 these are:
- First, visit the official website of CAT
- Then click on the 'login' tab available in the website
- Now enter CAT login ID and password
- After that aspirants will get CAT 2020 answer on the screen
The CAT 2020 answer key/response sheet will encloseevery question and your answer and the correct answers along with the candidate's particulars. The following information will be available on the CAT answer key 2020:
- Name of the candidate
- CAT registration number
- CAT 2020 exam centre
- Test date
- Test time
- Question type
- Question ID
- Right option/answer
CAT 2020 Answer Key: Provision to raise objection
The IIMCAT initiate the provision to hoist objection to official answer key in CAT 2018. The candidates can defy the official answer of any question asked in the CAT exam if they are influenced it is wrong. If the objection is found to be authentic, the official answer will be revising. Candidates whose objections are found to be genuine will get a refund of the objection fee.
If an aspirant intends toconfront CAT 2020
answer key, they can do so by filling the CAT answer key objection form. The candidates can fill the objection form through CAT login ID and password. Objection fee of Rs 1000 per question
will be charged and the fee should be paid online. There are some steps to be followed to fill the objection form:
- Visit the official website of CAT 2020
- Click on 'Login'
- Enter CAT login ID and password
- Go to Objection tab
- Click on ‘+’ sign to add an objection
- Check the question number from the PDF of the question paper on the official website
- Enter relevant details
- Pay objection fee i.e. Rs 1000 per objection through credit/debit card or net banking
Significant points to remember while Raising Objection to CAT 2020 Answers
If any of the objections are found invalid, objection fee will not be refunded
- Objections that have been submitted once cannot be reduced
- There is no limit to raise the objections
- CAT 2020 result will be declared only after this process is ended
- No objections will be considered after the release of final CAT answer key
- There will be no re-checking of CAT question paper under any condition
Steps to calculate CAT score
In order to calculate CAT score with the help of answer key there are some steps to be followed these are:
- For every right answer 3 marks are granted, which states that in case the candidate has got 75 answers right, the score will be 75x3= 225 marks.
- For every wrong answer, one mark will be subtracted. In case a candidate has marked 10 questions mistakenly, then negative marks are deducted from the overall score.
- Hence one should subtract total marks deducted from total marks scored to get CAT Raw score which is 225 – 10 = 215
The aspirants must be aware of CAT marking scheme to find the answer key correctly and raise valid objection if necessary. One can refer the table given below indicating marking scheme of the CAT 2020 exam:
Note: There will be no assumption of marks for unreciprocated questions.
Q: When will CAT 2020 answer key be accessible?
Type of Questions
A: CAT 2020 answer will be available the moment it is compiled and prepared effectively on the official website iimcat.ac.in. The candidates canthen download their response sheets.
Q: How can aspirants check CAT answer key online?
A: CAT answer key will be released by the exam conducting body on the official website. Candidates can verify the answer key by using their subsequent CAT login ID.
Q: Does CAT examining authorities release the final CAT answer key?
A: No, the final answer key of CAT 2020 will not be declared or out as the examination body has found out that the objections raised by candidates are invalid.
Q: May I know the information received on CAT answer key?
A: CAT answer key comprises of the section-wise questions & answers, answers selected by the candidate, status of the answers which are right, wrong or unattempted and marks scored on each answer.
Q: How can aspirants raise objection to CAT answer key 2020?
A: Aspirants can raise objection by filling CAT answer key objection form available on the official website of CAT. The window to raise objection will be opened in the first week of December.
Q: May I know the fee for raising objection to the answer key?
A: The fee for raising objection to CAT answer key is Rs 1000 per question, to be paid online through credit/debit card or net banking.
Q: When can aspirants raise objection to CAT 2020 answer key?
A: The opening and closing dates of CAT answer key objection process are announced after the release of answer key. The aspirantshould raise objection, if any, during that period only. Any request after that or after result declaration will not be acknowledged by the authorities.