CAT Mock Test has been released by IIM Indore on October 16. Since the time duration has been condensed for CAT 2020, candidates need to have a close eye onthe official mock test to understand the recent changes implemented in the exam pattern. Aspirants, who are going to appear in the UPCOMING CAT exam on November 29 need to practice the official CAT mock test to know the total number of questions to be asked, so that they can organize for the exam in the last one month consequently.
CAT mock test is a significant element of exam preparation. Infact, CAT preparation
is deficient without sufficient practice of mock test. It not only assists the candidate to understand the CAT exam pattern and marking scheme, but also the structure of CAT question paper. Besides that, the mock tests help candidates to improve the speed and accuracy to solve the questions within the prescribed time duration by developing time management skills.
Covering the entire syllabus is not the only criteria to ace CAT 2020 exam with flying colors. In order to perform well mock tests plays a dominant role. Mock tests help the candidates to appear according to the latest exam pattern of CAT EXAM. Most of the mock tests designed by the renowned educational brands are designed according to the parameters set by the CAT EXAMINING AUTHORITIES.
It is highly recommended that CAT aspirants must solve at least 30-40 full-length mock tests and 12-15 sectional mock tests during exam preparation. The significant reasons to take a practice of CAT MOCK TESTS are listed below:
- The regular practice of CAT mock tests help candidates assesses their problem areas so that they can perk upadequate efficiency for the exam preparation duration.
- CAT exam comprises of sectional time limit. In order to practice CAT mock tests, candidates can discover to time themselves in a way that they can complete solving each section within the prescribed time limit and no question remains unaffected.
- The most significant aim of mock tests is to assist candidates to learn and improve accuracy of applying formula to a problem.
- Practicing mock tests and sample papers assist candidates to explore the relevant shortcuts and tricks to solve questions faster. It also reinforces the capacity of mental computation in the aspirant.
- CAT is conducted with the maximum of 10-minute frequency in the online mode. It is an entrance exam without break. Hence full-length CAT mock tests of same duration enable the candidates to develop mental and physical stamina to last 180 minutes without giving up.
CAT MOCK TEST NOTIFICATIONS
Finally the wait is over for CAT aspirants who were looking for CAT 2020 OFFICIAL MOCK TESTS. The reason for the wait for these mock tests is the recent changes that CAT exam has implemented for the CAT 2020 exam. Although the online tutorials are available on IIMCAT website for the aspirants to have an ideal about it yet candidates does need authentic practice on them. For this reason IIMCAT has released Official Mock tests for the subsequent practice before the CAT EXAM 2020.
November 2020 CAT 2020 official mock tests have been released. These mock tests will assist the aspirants of CAT 2020 EXAM in many ways. Let us discuss the steps to access the CAT 2020 official mock
1) Visit the IIMCAT website.
2) Then go to QUICK TOUR SECTION and click at the option CAT 2020 Mock Test Link.
3) The link will redirect you to a PDF with a link to download CAT 2020 official mock test.
4) It will reflect a standard template that will display the name, “John Smith”.
5) Now Click at“Sign In” and start attempting the mock. There is no need to enter any credentials before signing in.
The official CAT mock: What does it need?
The announcement clearly affirms that this Mock test will not disclose the exam pattern for CAT 2020. It means that how many questions in each section will not be clearly mentioned. The final question paper will carry 100 questions in total in mock test series. Hence practice them as the number of questions may vary for every section in the final exam.
There would be a total of 100 questions in the mock, similar to CAT 2017, CAT 2018 and CAT 2019 papers, segregated as 34-32-34 amongst the sections VARC, DILR and QA sections, respectively. Keep in mind, this may or may not be the division in the authentic CAT paper this time.
The announcement also makes it obvious that the questions are taken from quite a few CAT papers of the previous years. It would be worth analyzing the CAT 2017, 2018 and 2019 papers, for those are who need to understand the difficulty level of the question papers. Hence it is advisable to go through the previous year CAT PAPERS as these also help in understanding the exam pattern.
CAT Mock Test by IBT
IBT has developed a CAT mock test series for aspirants to practice and disseminate themselves with the actual CAT exam environment.
The necessary steps to use these mock test series are given below:
- To click on the 'Free CAT Mock Test'
- Then enter your name and contact details for free registration
- Once registered, you will be able to see the mock test for CAT
- The questions are specified in MCQ format with four options as answers
- Choose the correct answer and go to next problem
- After completing the mock test click on 'Submit'
- Your score will be exhibited
IIMCAT, the CAT conducting body releases official mock test for aspirants to practice and familiarize themselves with the actual CAT exam. The CAT mock test is accessible on the official website comprising of questions from VARC, DILR and QA. The official CAT mock test can be endeavored online through candidate login. Candidates are required to sign in and agree to the terms and conditions in order to access the CAT mock test
. One can refer to details regarding the last year's CAT mock test.
How to Access Official CAT Mock Test?
There are some important steps to access the official CAT MOCK TEST these are:
Q: What is the advantage of CAT mock test?
- To visit the official website of CAT
- To look for CAT mock test tab and click on it
- The candidate will reach the login page
- Then click on 'Sign In'
- Further click on 'Next'
- Now check the box for 'agree to the terms and conditions'
- At the end you need to click on 'I am ready to begin'
A: Practicing CAT mock test is advantageous in humanizing speed and accuracy in solving the question paper. It will also assist the candidate’s to identify their weaknesses.
Q: Where can one get official CAT mock test?
A: The official CAT mock test is made available on the official website in the month of October every year.
Q: How many CAT mock tests should be practiced to score well in the exam?
A: Experts counsel that candidateshould practice approximately 30 CAT mock tests to score high in the exam.
Q: From when should aspirants start taking full length CAT mock tests?
A: Candidates ought to start solving full length mock tests after completing the CAT syllabus. It is recommended to start practicing CAT MOCK TESTS from the month of September.
Q: How many CAT mock tests must an aspirantendeavor in a day?
A: The aspirants must solve only one CAT mock test in a day. After each mock test, they ought toevaluate their performance and identify their weaknesses.
Q: Is there any benefit of solving sectional-CAT mock tests?
A: The CAT exam pattern has been revised this year hence CAT mock test will assist the candidates to understand the new exam pattern in detail.
Q: Is it possible to access official CAT mock test, without registering for the exam?
A: The official CAT mock test can be accessed only by those candidates who will register for the exam.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit prescribed in the CAT mock test too?
A: Yes, the mock tests will comprise of sectional time limit as expected in the actual CAT exam.
Q: Are coaching institutes providing online mock tests for CAT preparation?
A: Yes, MBA coaching institutes present online mock tests to their students. Applicants can practice free CAT mock tests by IBT link which one can access by visiting our official website.
Q: How to analyze the performance after solving CAT mock test?
A: After taking each CAT mock test, analyze how many questions you could solve correctly in the given time, questions on which topics had taken more than one minute to solve, how much time it took to read RC passages and which were the questions they could not endeavor.