Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most advantageous organizations to undertake Government exams in India. Every year more than thousands of candidates are shortlisted by SSC to be employed in Government departments. As we know Govt. jobs are the most wanted as a career option in India and government of India has a special focus on providing better facilities and services in every phase of the countrymen. With the advent of development plan to give maximum opportunities to the young candidates seeking jobs, government is going to create many vacancies in the years to come.
SSC is the principal Govt. organization that offers service to millions of candidates in India. It is like a dream job for all the SSC and other government job aspirants. Every year jobs are offered by way of conducting SSC CHSL exam for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) carries out the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam to recruit persons at various posts like:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has given its notification out for SSC CHSL 2017 recruitment for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO).
Provisional jobs can be read as :
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||2359|
|Data Entry Operator Grade”A”||Nil|
The temporary schedule for the SSC CHSL 2017 exam is mentioned below. Kindly make a note of the important dates associated to SSC CHSL Exam 2017 and complete the entire process in time.
Registration form will be available from
18th November 2017
Last date to register for the exam
18th December 2017
Date of SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam
4th March to 26th March 2018
Date of SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam
8th July 2018
To know the list of examination centers for SSC CHLS Exam 2017 can be found in the official notification of the exam.
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted in 3 stages, these stages are termed as Tiers. Tier 1 is online and the rest of the two are offline.
The whole procedure of registration and contact goes online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Candidates must meet the criteria of each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to progress to the next one, before being finally chosen.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) started taking the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts from 2016:
Tier – I
Objective Multiple Choice
Computer Based (online)
Tier – II
Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi
Pen and Paper mod
Tier – III
Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
Before one starts preparing for SSC CHSL Exam, it is essential to make a note of of modifications done in exam pattern and syllabus. The alterations to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2017 which are related to 2016 are given below::
• SSC CHSL 2017 Tier 1 exam will be held online .
• in tier 2 there will be a Descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• There is \reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
• There is no change in Tier III.
• There will be no Sectional Cut off.
Since the SSC CHSL has of 3 diverse levels, we must go through the syllabus thoroughly. This is an objective type exam which will be taken online. Tier 1 question paper is divided into four sections with 100 questions which carries 200 marks in total.
Details of subject-wise questions and time duration is given below:
No of Questions
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Profit & Loss
Mixtures & Allegations
Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
Work & Time
Fill in the blanks
Time & Distance
Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting
Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
Awards and Honors
One Word Substitution
Books and Authors
Ratio & Proportion, Percentage
Sequence & Series
Permutation, Combination &Probability
• SSC CHSL 2017 has negative marking. Every wrong answer will have a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
• The duration of exam is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
This Tier has a descriptive exam which is designed to test the written skills of the students in English/Hindi. The Paper would have an essay to be written in 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum marks to qualify in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be incorporated for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for this tier is to read as many as articles from various sources as magazines, novels, newspapers, etc. Besides this, you need to be well versed with the pattern of Letter and Application.
• Duration of the exam is of 60 minutes’ carring 100 marks.
• The level of questions are based on 10th standard or higher secondary level.
• It is a qualifying exam stage
• The medium of paper should remain the same throughout, part of the paper in Hindi and part in English willnot be evaluated
• Duration of the exam is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CGL Exam 2017 has skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator(DEO):
• typing speed for Data Entry operator is 8,000 (eight thousand) with Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
• Test will be of 15 minutes duration
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
• Typing Test will be held in English or Hindi and candidates while registering for the Examination, will have to mention his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
• In this the typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
• It will be managed on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency approved by the Commission.
• Candidates who opt for English medium should possess a typing speed of 35 words per minute.
• Candidates who opt for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
• The speed will be decided on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
• Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be given 30 minutes.
Note: After conducting skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be chosen based on their position in the merit list.
Age Eligibility :
18-27 years as on 01.08.2018 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1991 and not later than 01-08-2000).
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
Educational Qualification : (As on 01.08.2018)
(i). Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
(ii). For Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
The online application for SSC CHSL 2017 exam will start from 18th November, 2017. The last date to register online for the exam is 18th December, 2017. Candidate can follow the given link to apply online for the same.
• The application fees required to be paid is Rs. 100/-
• Exemption: There is no fee for female , SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
• Applications fee should be paid through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
• In case you want to pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
• The candidates who want to pay online can go opt for part-2 registration immediataely after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
For detailed information and the download link for the admit card will be on display to post the release of the official notification for SSC CHSL 2017. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CHSL exam preparation must be done in an organized way. It should be according to the latest exam pattern and syllabus. Syllabus covers lot of topics; it is very important to opt the appropriate study material so that you can learn the concepts and practice various questions. Besides self study one can join any Coaching institute and Online Test Series for enhanced exam preparation.
IBT classroom programs are very comprehensive and render exhaustive teaching Programme in Banking and SSC verticals across India. IBT has an encouraging success rate with as much as 3 out of 5 class room students are either selected for banking or SSC Jobs in the year 2015-16
IBT offers Online Test Series for various Bank & SSC exams (like SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, IBPS, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SBI, RBI, NABARD etc), which are prepared by the experienced team of educationists. The processing of the test series is prepared under the supervision of a special research and development team to match the latest exam pattern and syllabus.
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
The result of SSC CGL Exam 2018 will be released in four stages after completing each Tier Exam.Those candidates who are selected in the rounds progress to the subsequent rounds. The results can be from the direct link to official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
Candidates can have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL exam of the previous year:
Cut off Marks